Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Doula Oasis

6 months ago, I was seriously considering quitting the doula-ing. 6 months ago, it seemed like no one cared, no one was interested and no one saw the value of labour support. That was 6 months ago.

Today, I am preparing to drive to the city to meet with a client. VBAC, no less!

Whence 6 months ago, the doula world seemed like a dry desert to me, my summer is shaping up quickly - birth in July, potential client in August, much interest for one in September, 2 interested in December...

I don't want to be like that girl in America's Next Top Model (what was her name, Tahlia?) who wanted to quit at every bad photo shoot, but was over the moon at every good picture. I know I need to work on that - being hopeful and having faith that it will work out. Meanwhile, I'm thankful for the work and very excited to see what comes of this.

In the meantime, while I wait for my life plan to be revealed, I'm wearing my doula hat with newfound respect and faith, and working my butt off. :)

Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: