Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Burdened

I'm feeling heavy today. Not weight-wise, but like I'm carrying too much on my shoulders. It's not any one thing, really. It's more of a combination of all the little things. The two little ones are sick with fever and colds. It's harder and harder to find babysitters, and yet, I am in need of one more often now than ever. My evenings are overloaded. We have several needed trips planned, but little room in the budget for them. There are a few unmentionables that won't make it to the blog world out of respect for others' privacy...

So, I'm feeling it in my body. My jaw is tight, my shoulders droopy and my mind is sleepy. Blah.

I was at a meeting last night and I met up with a friend I haven't seen in a while. She shared her worry about a mutual friend of ours. I've been concerned about this mutual friend for a long time, now, and since last night, more so. I got home around 10 pm, and lay awake for a long time. That's unusual for me. Since the kids were born, I'm an excellent sleeper.

What to do, right? Where is that fine line between sticking your nose in someone's business and doing the intervention thing? Sure, there is prayer, and I've been doing that. When is it time to get up off your knees and DO something? It's frustrating. I'm tired.

No comments: