Friday, November 28, 2008

Mini-Date

Ooof. That pretty much sums up my morning! Up since 7 am, and all I have to show for it is a pile of laundry, zero housework done, cranky kids and a couple worksheets that I had to force Maddie to do.

There are some days that I would love to be shipping my kids out the door to daycare. I dream of a neat, clean home and time to prop up my feet and read for fun. It would be great to just ask, "What did you learn in school today?" and be answered the usual, "Nothing.".

These are the days I have to remind myself why I'm a stay-at-home mom. These are the days I have to remind myself the reasons we've decided to homeschool. These are the days that I phone up the friends in the same boat and seek advice or a listening ear.

In the end, I know it's worthwhile. My reasons for being so hands on with my kids are still valid, and they are still more important than the inconveniences. Courage, Emilie!

**

On another topic, Rich and I went on a mini-date (does it qualify as a date if the baby is in the back seat and we only have an hour and 15 minutes before picking up the big kids?). We drove around and talked and it was pretty cool. We got down to business and had a frank talk about what it would really mean to move to Davao for 2 1/2 years. We talked about fears, challenges, roles, money. I don't think this means that we are any closer or any further from making the leap, but it felt really good to have that talk. It cleared the air and I think we understand each other better for it. I love Rich! He's awesome.

No comments: