Sunday, November 9, 2008

Ka-Ching!!!

Oooh, I just love a good deal! If you look up "frugal" in the dictionnary, my picture will be right next to it. It will also be right next to the word "cheap", but let's not dwell on that!

This purchase made my day. I bought an entire trunkload of homeschool books for $50! Canadian! Some of these books were listed at $60 a pop, so what a bargain. The fun globe was originally $100, and the lady was kind enough to throw in some ice skates and a funky karaoke machine complete with revolving disco ball. Sweet! The expense of homeschooling had been weighing on my mind, so this was a huge blessing. The woman I bought these from introduced me to an excellent curriculum that won't break the bank, so I'm feeling pretty optimistic!




Next on the "ka-ching" list, is Toad Broth! I don't normally buy juice boxes, but I couldn't resist!



I bought 44 boxes of Toad Broth for $1.97! That's 4.4 cents for each box. Wow! And, on top of that, it contains real fruit juice. 'Course, the juice is listed way at the end of the ingredient list, so I'm pretty sure that when they say that it "contains pure fruit juice" they probably just waved an apple and a handful of grapes over the juice maker at the factory. I'm going to overlook that for now. BTW, I am not going to take kindly to anybody commenting on this note and telling me that I didn't save any money because I spent it on fake toad broth when I could have been drinking free water. I know that, but on what other occasion can I safely feed my children toad broth?

While I've got that picture up - did anyone notice the frame in the background? That's a picture of me with cute little Charlotte. I was her mom's doula this summer. That's a story for another time, though...


No comments: