Friday, July 29, 2011

More Current, Younger

I got my hair done this week.  It had been a long time since I'd made an appointment for anything non-health related.  My idea of getting a hair-do is to stop in at whatever hair salon looks the least busy on my way home from getting groceries. 

This time I went to Victor's Blue Rose Salon.  The ad said 25% off for the month of July, which sounded right up my alley.  I'd also heard that he was a stylist, rather than a hair dresser (dresser?  Is that politically correct nowadays?) and I definetly needed that!

His shop is in his house for now.  I admit, I walked in there and immediately had doubts.  It was a bit, um, relaxed.  But I had a sitter, I'd made it all the way there without incident, and I was not going to throw that away.  Worse comes to worse, I'd buy a nice hat. 

I am so glad I stayed.  He washed my hair with some sort of rosemary mint conditioner and it was heavenly.  Is it possible for your scalp to feel refreshed?  Yes, yes it is.  Victor even offered me a glass of red wine while I waited for my treatment to soak in.  Not wanting to embarrass myself, I politely declined.

I told him I had 4 kids, and that I needed something quick, easy, and cool.  I also requested not to look like a frumpy old lady. 

Anyhow, this is the end result.  Victor said it was more current, and younger.  My goodness, I can't believe I'm actually at the age where I'm intentionally trying to look younger than my 29 years. 

1 comment:

Andrea R said...

Ooooo I need to find this Victor!