Thursday, January 1, 2009

Good Bad Day

I can't decide if today was a good day, or a bad day. It started out fairly normally. I left for the "Big City" after lunch to meet with a client at Trinitea, on Regent Street. I stopped by Value Village and there I found out that I can actually fit into a size 3/4 skirt. I can also fit into 9/10 pants, so that means nothing, I guess.

On the way to Trinitea, I got rear-ended by a car full of teenagers. I, in turn, rear-ended a car, which rear-ended another car. Luckily, the cops were right there and it was dealt with swiftly. I have slight whiplash, but I'm okay. I thought the car was, too.

At Trinitea, I found my client in an awesome emotional place. She's anxious for her baby to come, upbeat, positive about the VBAC and confident! Yippee! That's half the battle, right there. She's also lost her mucus plug and having on and off pre-labour. Cool, I might not be on call for the kids' birthdays after all.

Trinitea is awesome. It's very small and quiet and laid-back. It also has a sign that says "Jesus is the Reason for the Season" and free New Testaments by the cash. Who'd have thought? I've never seen that before, but it's so refreshing. The owners are open about their faith, without being in your face - love it.

Anway, I got home and Rich inspected the car. Turns out there is more damage than I thought. Not bad, but we didn't need that right now.

Then, I brought Graedy into the bathroom with me and as soon as I flushed the toilet, he got ahold of my pen and threw it into the bowl! It went splash, sploosh, out of sight. Argh! My favourite pen! I retrieved it, in case you're wondering, but how gross is it to stick your hand into a pipe that is meant to flush away human waste?! Yuck. Graedon thought it was hilarious.

It's quiet now, with Rich gone to get groceries and the kids tucked into their beds. I think, after all, it was a good day.

No comments: