Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Baby Update

Wow, I can't believe how quickly this pregnancy is flying by. I'm now 24 weeks pregnant, which means that in 3 weeks I'll be in my third trimester! How did that happen?

I had a prenatal this morning. The kids came with me, and played the whole time. Graedon had to stay close to me, which he doesn't think is fair, but he can't be trusted around anything of the "no-touching" nature. Luckily, plastic animals and match box cars kept him busy for most of the time!

I'd been measuring a couple weeks behind for my due date, but it looks like baby might be catching up. I'm now measuring just 1 week behind. I have a feeling this baby won't be ready until late August, but only time will tell. Everything else looks healthy, and the only complaints I have are normal pregnancy aches and pains. I was advised to cut back on starches, eat more whole grains, veggies, vitamins C & E (until the last month) and get some mild exercise.

Baby is a feisty little thing. Every time the scope was placed on my belly to get heart tones, baby would kick it away! Rich says that's a sure sign the baby is another boy....we'll have to see about that! Either way, it looks like our child will be named plain old "Baby". We aren't anywhere near to finding a suitable name for this one. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Pamela said...

Thanks for the update Emilie! So happy to hear everything is going smoothly. And you are so brave... I can barely keep my one child occupied at the doctor's office, so I tend to leave her with a sitter!

Take care of yourself!