Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Do It Right

My day begins the night before. I am making a habit of organizing everything that I'll need for school in the evening so that I will be ready to go when 8 am rolls around. Last night I didn't do my normal prep work. And today sucked. Big time!

If I am organized, I can eliminate the, "um, let's see" moments and the "uh, here, colour for a minute while I find the book I need" moments. If I have everything neatly stacked in the school drawer, then school time will flow from one subject to the other, the kids won't get fidgety, and Graedy will be properly supplied with snacks and toys and Mommy will keep her sanity.

Today, though, I am paying dearly for last night's lapse. The kids are in bed, supposedly thinking about how they can better behave tomorrow. I am taking deep breaths, trying to calm down. The kitchen is a mess...

It's a lesson well-learned for Mama. Don't skimp out on your work. If you're going to do it, do it well.

Now, where did I put my super-sized coffee mug?

2 comments:

K said...

I'm sure that's what they're thinking about. ;)

I can't believe you sold yourself to google ads! tsk tsk :P

Emilie said...

I know, I know...I got suckered into making fast money. :P