Friday, April 22, 2011

How Deodorant is Wrecking My Marriage

Sobeys had a 2 for 1 sale the other week, and Soft & Dri gel antiperspirant was on sale.  I'm not normally a gel kind of gal, but I am the kind of gal who'll do just about anything to save a buck or two. 
I don't like gel deodorant.  It's icky, it's wet and you have to stand around with your arms straight out while you wait for it to dry.  But, like I said, I'm saving up for a new basement.

So, one morning I showered, dressed, applied the DriGel, assumed the "hands on hips" position to allow for drying, and went to join the family downstairs.  Rich looked up from the book he was reading.

Rich:  What?

Me: Nothing.

Rich:  What's wrong?!

Me:  Nothing.  I'm fine.

Rich (increasingly annoyed):  Well, if you're not going to tell me, then forget it.  Something's obviously wrong.  What'd I do now?

Me (increasingly baffled and frustrated):  Nothing. Is. Wrong.  *glare*

Rich:  Then why are you standing around like that, all mad?

Oh.  Darn you, sticky gel.  Next time I'm letting you dry in the bathroom.