Friday, May 21, 2010

Time Conflicts

May has been the mother of all months, as far as scheduling. I have cut down drastically on the activities I'm involved with since starting this pregnancy. Rich has tried not to be on the road quite as much for work, and I've let go of many of quite a few commitments I used to have. Still, there isn't time and energy for everything - which doesn't make it any easier to miss out on important events.

Every weekend and evening seems to be booked up this month - some things for months in advance. So far, I've had to miss out on family get togethers, school events for the kids, church services, alone time with Richard (Date? What's a date?), and many many other things. It's been a long time since we've been able to visit family in Quebec. The way things are, it will probably be next year before we can make the trip.

This weekend will see me in Moncton - a doula conference that has been paid and planned for months. Next weekend we'll be in Sussex - again, planned and paid for months.

Sometimes I wish I could clone myself so that I could do everything I'm expected to do. One Emilie-clone to do housework, one Emilie-clone to care for the kids, one Emilie-clone to be with Rich, one Emilie-clone to run errands and attend meetings and conferences and all that other "outside" stuff.

June looks pretty empty for now - and I'm LOVING that.

No comments: