Thursday, March 4, 2010

Stairs

Remember a post about a year ago where I spoke about the problems with water in our basement? Well, put a big fat circle around today's date on the calendar. Today is the day the Patterson home gets a new stairwell (a not rotten one!!), new stair treads AND a railing!

Because someone lost our camera - still deciding who the guilty culprit is - I don't have any pictures. Suffice it to say that it looks tonnes better. As an added bonus, the stairs no longer bounce when we use them. Looking back, that should have been our first clue that something was wrong with the supports under the stair case, along with the peculiar musty smell. Ah well, it's fixed now!

We've been living at the Grammies' since Sunday night and I am so excited to move back into our house. As wonderful and comfortable as it is to visit our moms, it is difficult to live there full time. I've missed my bed, the familiar noises of our home, even the temperature and amount of light from the window at bedtime. It's funny what little things will disturb a person's sleep and keep little ones awake for hours on end. It's also difficult to get the kids to buckle down for school work when they think they are in vacation mode. The kids and I have been battling colds and sickness and I think a couple nights back home will make a world of difference in our moods. Still, Rich and I are very grateful to have such great family around to bail us out during our reno-woes!

As soon as I can get some straight answers as to the whereabouts of our camera, I'll post some pictures.

1 comment:

Abigail said...

Yay! I'm super happy for you!!! ~Abi