Friday, March 12, 2010

Character Studies

I've introduced something new to our homeschool. After a talk with Richard, we both agreed that the girls (and us) would benefit from Character Studies. I found a simple program for free on the internet at www.homeschoolhelperonline.com

Every week we focus on one character trait that we can strengthen. We did attentiveness last week, and this week is compassion. We talk about what the trait is, we read a little Bible story about it and then we talk about how we can use that in our lives. The girls also have a Bible verse to memorize every week. I am amazed at how quickly and well the girls are memorizing the verses! I think it helps that they get a prize if they can say it perfectly - always a good incentive!

I'm really liking it, and I think the girls are, too. It's simple, easy to understand, and easy to teach. Big thumbs up!

1 comment:

Abigail said...

That's a great idea! Thanks for sharing. =)