Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The First of Many Potty Posts

Rich and I had pie at the local truckstop last night.  As we were leaving, I visited the ladies' room.  I entered the room, turned right toward the stalls (which were all empty - I could tell because all the doors were open) and then swung left into the first stall. 

And, BAM!  I jumped out of my skin, clutched my chest and yelled, "Oh!  You scared me!"

There, sitting on the toilet was an old native lady wearing a beret, grinning a toothless smile.  "Heh, heh, heh," she chortled. "The door swung open on it's own.  Heh, heh, heh."

I just stared.  Her face looked like those dried apple carvings people make for Halloween.  I was so shocked at finding her there, and so puzzled as to why she didn't just reach out 6 inches from her knees and swing the door closed that I just said, "Oh." 

I turned away and went into the next stall.  The apple-face lady LOUDLY grunted and groaned the whole 30 seconds I was there (I was being quick.  I was extremely uncomfortable.).

It was weird.