Monday, January 25, 2010

Winter Blues

These last two months have been tough. I am exhausted, stressed-out and irritable. I don't like winter. I really, really don't like winter.

I think it was a mistake for me to have been born in this part of the world. Surely I was meant to be in a warmer climate.

Yesterday it warmed up to a balmy 0 degrees celsius. I strapped on my snowshoes and for the first time this winter, I did something. I went for a walk. It took 3 breaks to get up the hill (seriously, can you say out of shape?) but I made it. I made a new trail through the woods, tried to identify the trees in their dead-state. It was unnaturally quiet. I saw no animals, no birds, no insects. I freaked out mildly over some dog tracks...or were they coyote? Maybe wolf?

I wonder if tanning would help. Do you get Vitamin D from tanning beds, or just skin cancer?

It's the 25th of January, and there are only 2 more formal months of winter. Honestly, there are probably about 3 before we hit some nice weather. I can't wait.

No comments: