Saturday, November 20, 2010

Breakfast Enchilada

So, remember when I started The Breakfast Project?  I was going to get really, really, really good at making breakfast, and track my progress on my blog?  Then, I completely ran out of time and kind of forgot about it?  Well, for those of you who were breathlessly waiting for news on The Breakfast Project, this one's for you.

My friend Abi gets the credit for this one.  It starts out with homemade tortillas.  Surprisingly easy, quick and cheap to make!

Yes, I meant for it to be square.  Ahem.

I scrambled some eggs, poured enough of them to thinly cover the frying pan bottom, added shredded cheese, onions and peppers (which I had pre-fried to make them a bit less crunchy).  I slapped a tortilla over it all, and waited for the magic to happen.  Once the egg was cooked, I flipped it through the air and caught it on my plate.  Sadly, I don't have video evidence of that.

I rolled it up like an enchilada.


I put it pretty on a plate with a green salad, added some salsa and ta-da!   Lunch! 

I know, it's The BREAKFAST Project.  So, to make it the real deal, I would have put fruit salad with it.  In this case, though, it was 5 pm, and I wanted greens. 

The kids declared it yummy.

1 comment:

Abigail said...

Yay! I'm so glad it was a hit at your house too!!!