Saturday, October 2, 2010

Tasty Science

The girls are studying animals in science right now. Along with their textbook, they are reading a series of books on animals from different parts of the world. I thought it would be appropriate to start with the animals from our own area. One of the animals we studied was the porcupine (which is a rodent and a mammal!).

Okay, textbooks can be a little dry. So, I supplemented again with a craft - a yummy one at that!

Our math for the day (not really):
1 marshmallow + dozens of toothpicks + 3 cloves = a porcupine

Maddie with her porcupine.

Eva with hers.

Graedon and his.

I love how different they all look. You'd think that there wouldn't be much leeway for creativity but they each have their own individual look.

BTW, they didn't last long.

1 comment:

Abigail said...

I love this!! Off topic, but your kids are among the cutest kids I know!!